Global Sources
EE Times-Asia
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
EE Times-Asia > Optoelectronics/Displays

LG.Philips, NEG to build glass substrate joint venture

Posted: 04 Mar 2005 ?? ?Print Version ?Bookmark and Share

Keywords:lcd panel?

LG.Philips LCD Co. Ltd and Japan-based Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd recently patched up an agreement on building a glass substrate joint venture in South Korea.

The new joint venture will be manufacturing glass substrates suitable for LCD panels. LG.Philips will hold a share of 40 percent while NEG will hold the remaining 60 percent. The new facility, which will begin construction in April, will be located 30km northwest of Seoul.

The two companies will allocate Krw36 billion ($35 million at Krw1,003:$1) for investment.

Article Comments - LG.Philips, NEG to build glass subst...
*? You can enter [0] more charecters.
*Verify code:


Visit Asia Webinars to learn about the latest in technology and get practical design tips.

Back to Top