Global Sources
EE Times-Asia
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
EE Times-Asia > Optoelectronics/Displays

ThinFlex, Matsushita to build FCCL plant in China

Posted: 28 Jul 2005 ?? ?Print Version ?Bookmark and Share

Keywords:fccl? thinflex?

ThinFlex Corp., a Taiwan-based maker of FCCLs, and Matsushita Electric Works (MEW) will set up a joint venture to manufacture cover layers and FCCLs in Kunshan, Jiangsu.

The two partners will invest $9 million in the project. ThinFlex will contribute 85.1 percent of the capital and Suzhou Matsushita Electric Works, a subsidiary of MEW in Suzhou, will contribute the remaining 14.9 percent.

The joint venture is scheduled to begin production in the third quarter of next year, with a monthly capacity of 150,000 square feet of cover layers and 60,000 square feet of FCCLs. Part of the plant's output will be shipped to MEW.

The new plant is expected to earn annual revenues of up to $100 million. It will use MEW's halogen-free technology and ThinFlex's FCCL technology.

Article Comments - ThinFlex, Matsushita to build FCCL p...
*? You can enter [0] more charecters.
*Verify code:


Visit Asia Webinars to learn about the latest in technology and get practical design tips.

Back to Top